Hello there! You’ve arrived on this page because:
- Your brick-and-mortar or online business needs a professional online presence to support your business goals now and into the near future.
- Your side business needs a website so you can be attracting customers/clients and making sales while you’re working a day job. (It’s all about diversifying sources of income for increased stability.)
- Your startup needs to communicate how it’s bringing value to potential investors and advisors as well as how it improves the lives of your end users.
If one of these describes you, you’re in the right place.
Let’s talk about how I can help you build your website and the steps involved.
The WordPress Website Package
To keep things simple, this package includes everything you need to get your website up and running:
- 1 HOUR CONSULTATION – In order to design the successful website you need, I’ll need to learn as much about your business and goals as possible. I’ll send you a questionnaire in advance and we’ll discuss over phone, Skype, or Google+ Hangout. Whichever you prefer.
- DOMAIN & HOSTING – I’ll help you to choose and register your domain name and setup hosting.
- WORDPRESS – Installation and setup of WordPress core.
- PLUGINS – Installation and setup of the plugins your website needs.
- CUSTOM DESIGN – We’re talking about the color scheme, typography, button and link styles.
- RESPONSIVE DESIGN – Your website will work and look great on smartphones and tablets.
- 5 PAGES – Includes up to 5 pages in addition to your homepage.
- CONTACT FORM – Make it easy for potential clients/customers to reach you.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – Add share/like buttons, links to your social channels, and embed your social feeds.
- FAVICONS – A favicon is no longer one size fits all. A comprehensive favicon mean you’ll not only have a browser tab icon but also an Apple Touch icon, Windows 8 icon, etc.
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION – I’ll optimize your website content and submit your website to Google and Bing.
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS – Create and setup your account and integrate tracking into your website.
- 1 HOUR TRAINING – We will meet to go over how to update content and other changes to your new website.
- 30 DAY EMAIL SUPPORT – If you have any questions, you’ll have 30 days of complimentary email support after your website is completed.
Creating a website is quite a task which is why I’m offering a simple package with a simple price.
You get a clean + functional website launched that you’re proud of for $2948.
Need extras such as eCommerce, ad management, custom graphics, etc.? Or a simple, static (non-WordPress) website designed?
Ask for a custom quote.
The Design Process
Creating your website will involve several phases:
In order to design a successful website, I’ll need to gather some information to understand your business and determine what you’ll need in a website. I’ll send you a website worksheet to complete. It will go over: goals, target audience, content, special functionality, etc. Once you’ve filled it out as best as you can, we’ll walk through it together.
Based on the information in the discovery stage, I’ll put together a plan for your website. I’ll sketch out your homepage layout, your sitemap will be developed, and you’ll start drafting your website copy and gathering assets you’d like to have included.
Based on our previous discussions we’ll define the visual language of your website. This means coming up with your color scheme, button and link styles, fonts, etc.
This is when your website is created in a staging area. WordPress and plugins are installed and configured, special functionality is coded in, special assets are created. Copy, imagery, and other assets are populated. You’ll have regular opportunities to review the work in progress and provide feedback.
5: Testing & Launch
Now that your website has come together, it’s time to test functionality to make sure forms, links and scripts are working as it should. I’ll also make sure your website looks good in the major modern desktop browsers and mobile. Once everything checks out and I’ve received your final payment, I’ll migrate your website to your domain followed by another test to make sure everything migrated over correctly.
Now that your website is live, you’ll want to make sure everything continues to run smoothly with regular maintenance. This includes updates to WordPress and plugins, security scans, as well as regular and complete backups. If this is something you’d prefer I handle, I have maintenance plans available.
To keep your website content up to date, you’ll be able to edit the content yourself thanks to having your website running on WordPress. This means you won’t need me to make content updates to your website after launch. If you’d much rather hand-off content updates to me, I can certainly help you with that.